The Worship Committee supports, and works in collaboration with, the Society’s minister to implement regular and special worship services. This is conducted in a manner that honors the tradition of the Free Pulpit and Free Pew, and that employs the talents and expertise of all participants in a collaborative process.
Worship Committee responsibilities include:
- Arranging for ushers, greeters, and decorators for each service
- Maintaining the sound system, and helping with its use
- Providing for the planning and coordination of worship services when the Minister is not in the pulpit
- Provide for the planning and coordination of worship services during the summer months
Sunday Morning Volunteers
If you would like to volunteer as an usher, greeter, or decorator on Sunday morning, please email email@example.com to let the Volunteer Coordinator for that Sunday know.
- Ushers hand out the Order of Service as people enter the Sanctuary, and collect the offering.
- Greeters welcome everyone as they enter the building on Sunday Morning.
- The decorator beautifies our Sacred Shelf.
More information about all three roles can be found in the Volunteer Responsibilities document.
Worship Committee members:
Mariah Ducey, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worship Committee Guideline Documents:
- Worship Committee Guidelines
- Summer Service Guidelines
- Samuel J May Sunday Guidelines
- Volunteer Responsibilities (Decorator, Greeter, Usher)
- Volunteer Coordinator Duties