Music and Arts
The Music & Performing Arts Committee works to encourage and facilitate music
throughout May Memorial UU Society.
- Develop new, and strengthen existing, musical functions within May Memorial and the community at large.
- Encourage diversity and participation in music at May Memorial; be a resource for people and opportunities.
- Serve as host for MMUUS concerts, recitals and other musical performances.
- Maintain liaison and integrate music with other groups and programs, especially RE.
- Assist and support the Music Director as he/she chooses.
- Conduct periodic surveys to determine desires of the congregation regarding music and musical events.
- Make regular reports to Trustees and the Annual Meeting.
- Provide input to budget process and budget for music.
- Search for and recommend for hiring new music professionals (in cooperation with the Personnel Committee and other staff).