The Membership Committee seeks to actively welcome and involve visitors and friends in the life of May Memorial, and to assist in the maintaining of accurate membership records.
- Welcome guest to Sunday worship services and provide follow-up for those who indicate an interest in the activities of May Memorial.
- In cooperation with the minister(s), develop and oversee a process for individuals to join the society as members.
- Provide a means to publicly celebrate new member enrollment.
- Work to promote the integration of newcomers and new members of May memorial into the activities of the Society.
- Oversee the maintaining of accurate membership records and lists of eligible voters.
- Develop and propose policies regarding categories and conditions of membership in the Society.
2014-2015 Annual Report
- We meet as a group almost every month.
- The Welcoming Table has been staffed before and after each service on Sundays, except during the summer.
- The sign-in sheets for visitors are reviewed by staff and follow-up calls are made.
- The directory is updated often by our staff. Thank you, Brian Betz.
- Wrote and mailed cards to shut-ins who cannot attend Sunday services during Holiday season.
- There were several UU101-102 sessions led by Reverend Jean.
- We hosted a First Sunday Luncheon with the Choir.
- A Joining Ceremony and New Member Breakfast was held in April, 2015, at which, ten new members signed the “Book”!
We encourage anyone who is interested to become a member of this important committee.