Building and Grounds
The Building and Grounds Committee works to oversee the development, maintenance and repair of the Society’s building, grounds, furnishings and equipment.
We need your help!
We need windows washed, light bulbs changed, floors mopped and the whole place could use a dusting!
We would love to (and frankly - NEED to) have help from our community.
Please consider stopping by, if nothing else, but to cheer us on!
We need members!
If you have an interest in buildings and grounds, please join us at our
Next B&G meeting!
Buildings and Grounds is always looking for people who can help in big or small ways!
Email: BG@mmuus.org or attend a Work Day event! We would LOVE to have you join us!
The Building and Grounds Committee is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of the Society’s building and grounds.
- Develop and administer a maintenance schedule for the interior and exterior of the Society’s building and its furnishings and equipment.
- When an urgent need arises for maintenance, repairs or remodeling that requires the expenditure of funds not previously allocated for that purpose, the Committee shall formulate a proposal for the necessary work and present the proposal to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Oversee, plan and conduct work parties as required to maintain and improve the condition of the Society’s building, grounds, furnishings and equipment.
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of staff and volunteers who are involved in the maintenance of the Society’s building, grounds, furnishings and equipment.